About the Journal
International Journal of Innovative Research in Medical Science is a Peer-reviewed, Open Access journal, providing rapid publication of high-quality valuable research in all the areas of medical sciences from basic research to clinical and experimental work. The editorial policy of this journal is to welcome submissions from researchers throughout the world. It publishes articles pertaining to all fields of medical sciences including medicine, clinical, health and applied medical sciences, which provide contribution to medical knowledge. All such articles should aim for the development of medical concepts rather than merely recording the facts. Incomplete studies will be strongly discouraged. Each type of article has a special format and should comply with the updated IJIRMS Instructions for Authors, which are published in all issues.
Please follow the links below for journals editorial policies
- Focus and Scope
- Peer Review Process
- Open Access Policy
- Article Withdrawal Policy
- Copyright Notice and Privacy Statement
- Checklist for Authors
- Guidelines for Reviewers
Focus and Scope
IJIRMS publishes Original Article, Reviews Article, Letter to the Editor, Guest Editorials, Short Communications, Special Reports, Mini Review, Perspectives, Brief Report, Study Protocol, Interviews, Book Review, Case Reports, Case Series, Conference Reports and Company Profiles in all topics of Medical Sciences including medicine, clinical and health sciences from anywhere in the world. We constantly work to improve the journal’s ranking and impact factor.
Topics addressed include:
Peer Review Process
Peer review is the system used to assess the quality of a manuscript before it is published. The decision to publish a paper is based on an editorial assessment and peer review. All submissions first go through an internal peer review process, and most go through an external peer review process. Each submission is reviewed by the assigned editor who makes an initial decision to send the manuscript out for peer review or to reject without external review. Articles can be rejected at this stage for a variety of reasons such as similarity with a recently published article, the topic is outside of the scope of the Journal, little new information is provided, important flaws in the scientific validity, or an unprofessional presentation. If the editor believes the article may be of interest to our readers, it is then sent out for external peer review.
The editor identifies potential reviewers seeking a balance of perspectives, such as clinical utility and rigor of the scientific methodology. We try to get 3 informative reviews for each manuscript. Several approaches may be used to find reviewers. Of course, the editorial board is frequently consulted.
The editor receives the reviewers’ comments and sends them along with a decision letter to the corresponding author. The final in regards to each manuscript will be made by the assigned editor of the manuscript. As IJIRMS is a rapid response journal, this process takes no more than three weeks. A decision letter determines the status of a manuscript in five ways:
- Acceptance: This process lasts for three weeks. Before Publication, the corresponding author could verify a proof copy of the paper. After Publication, the paper will be in a cue to be published in one of the upcoming IJIRMS issues.
- Acceptance with Minor Revision: Revised manuscripts must be submitted in one month after decision letter. Otherwise, authors need to go through a resubmission process.
- Minor Revision: The authors will be asked to submit a revised copy besides the cover letter showing authors’ rejoinders, and also a marked copy Microsoft Word Document. Revised manuscripts must be submitted in one month after decision letter. Otherwise, authors need to go through a resubmission process.
- Major Revision: In this case, a chance is given to authors to reorganize the manuscript to meet the required scientific criteria for another review process. Authors should pay more attention to reviewers’ comments and focus on their highlighted points. Revised manuscripts must be submitted in one month after the decision letter. Otherwise, authors need to go through a resubmission process.
- Reject: In most cases, methodological and scientific concerns are the main origins of rejections. The reasons of rejection will be sent to the authors to provide more chance for them for publication in other journals.
- Withdraw: In case the manuscript does not meet the scopes of the IJIRMS, it will be withdrawn with suggestion to be sent to another journal.
Finally, we recommend authors to consider research and publication ethics in their manuscript. Reporting any unethical issues during the steps of review may lead to rejection of the work by IJIRMS. Also, the authors should consider that they are in charge of all the materials (scientific and ethical) which are provided in the articles.
All the editors and reviewers of the IJIRMS do their utmost to maintain the quality of the published scientific works to ensure the solid impact of papers on all the field of medical sciences. In the IJIRMS, the review process lasts for a maximum of one month.